Tuesday, October 17, 2017

KSA Spotlight: Kelsey Silk

KELSEY SILK – RECORDS COORDINATOR & ARCHIVIST
There are some pretty amazing people on our staff and because we do a lot of the 'behind the scenes' work, students don't always get to know who we actually are. Every month we'll feature a staff member (and occasionally Council member) so you can actually put a face to the name/event/project. This month, I invite you to meet Kelsey!
Snuggling a koala.
Here are a few things about Kelsey…

1. Position and brief description of your job..
I'm the Records Coordinator and Archivist at the KSA.  Mainly that means taking minutes in all the meetings, and organizing the records of the Society.
Working at dog daycare. All the cuddles!
2. How did you come to work for the KSA?
I was working for the Capilano Students' Union, and the manager there is a former KSA executive, and the Policy Coordinator there used to work for the KSA.  The manager shared the job posting with me in the summer, as I was on a temporary contract there, and it was a perfect fit.
3. What is your favourite thing about working here?
The tater tots from Grassroots!

Adventure with my dog at Lighthouse Park. 
4. Best activity to do on the weekend?
Hanging out with my dog.  We like to go hiking and we also like to nap.
5. What is something that makes you unique?
I used to work in the film industry, doing costumes.  I once worked on a movie with Donald Sutherland.

In the UK, near Highclere Castle aka Downton Abbey (see it in the distance? The house was closed when we were there, so we couldn't do a tour)
6. Favourite Food?
If I have to pick one thing, I guess cheese.  Brie cheese, aged gouda cheese, melty mozzarella cheese, swiss cheese, cheese fondue....yum.

7. Favourite KSA Memory so far..
Dispensing corn on the cob at Welcome Week!
Want to do more with the KSA? Volunteer with our START Program, Peer Support or the KSA Street Team. Looking to do more as a student? Consider attending a committee meeting or running in election next Spring. Want to work for us? Check out our job postings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment